Recruitment is a cost to every business right? Virgin Media plan to make it a revenue stream byradically changing their candidate experience.
对公司来说,招聘不都是一项成本吗?然而,维珍传媒计划从根本上改变其候选人体验,将招聘转变为一项收入来源。
英文作者/Author: Bryan Adams, CEO, Ph Attraction
中文翻译者/Chinese Translator:陈晓芸(Irene)
英文原题/Original Title:How Richard Branson Plans to Make Over $7 Million a Year From ... Recruiting?
Brands
with world-class customer service could be victims of their own success. Failing to provide the same experience for candidates, and the disparity between the two, is losing some brands millions of dollarseach year. Virgin Media was one of them, however they plan to make it a revenue stream...
创造了世界一流顾客体验的品牌,可能成为昔日成功的受害者。由于无法为候选人提供同样高水准的体验,或两种体验(顾客体验和候选人体验)相互冲突,一些品牌每年承受数百万美元的损失。维珍传媒就是其中之一,但他们正计划将招聘过程变成一项收入来源。
A typical year of recruiting at Virgin Media means receiving around 150,000 applications, which translates into hiring around 3,500 people.
通常,维珍传媒每年大约会收到大约15万份应聘申请,招聘3500人左右。
In 2015, unfortunately that also equated to upsetting over 7,500 customer applicants enough to motivate them to cancel their contracts and sign up with competitors instead.
很不幸,在2015年,这样的数字也意味着超过7500份的顾客需求未被满足(译者注:候选人群体中包含了7500位顾客),从而导致这些身为候选人的顾客在随后取消了(有线电视和网络连接等)服务合约,转而采购维珍竞争对手的服务。
These numbers were internally and externally validated and estimated to be worth over $6 million of lost revenue each year.
不管是从公司内部还是外部,困境都得到了证实,预计每年损失600万美元,约合人民币近4000万元。
Virgin Media is anamazing brand and its reaction to discovering this insight was brave and bold; and not unlike what you might expect from any 'Branson business'.
维珍传媒是一个了不起的品牌,当它发现这一问题时,果断采取了大胆的措施,这与人们对布兰森旗下其他业务普遍的预估是不同的。
When we (my digital marketing agency, Ph.) met their team after helping them to uncoverthe truth about their loss-making recruitment process, the challenge wassimple: 'Make us famous for candidate experience.' This challenge quickly led to posing this new question: 'What if your candidate experience wa sso positive that it created new customer acquisition opportunities from the peoplewe engaged with?'
我们(数字营销服务机构Ph.Creative)帮助维珍传媒认识到他们的招聘流程正是亏损源头,随后我们和 维珍团队见了面。他们提出的需求很明确 “要以候选人体验而闻名”。这一挑战带来了一个附带问题:要是候选人体验非常好,以至于为(有线服务等的)新顾客拓展带来商机,又意味着什么呢?
Before thinking about a new $7 million revenue stream from the 89 percent of people applying for a job at Virgin Media that were not currently customers, we needed to establish a commitment to 100 percent of job applicants and neutralize the current loss-making situation.
在那之前,我们要认真对待所有候选人(应聘者);让他们100%感受到品牌的承诺,从源头止住局势的恶化,然后,从候选人中开发新顾客——占总数89%的候选人是未采购过维珍服务的潜在顾客,意味着700万美金,约合人民币4000多万元的潜在收入。
The first new commitment was to make every single job applicant to Virgin Media more employable having experienced its recruitment process - whether they work for Virgin Media or not.
维珍传媒做出的第一个承诺就是,要让每一位应聘维珍工作岗位的候选人,在体验过新的应聘流程后,都获得成长,不管他们今后是否在维珍传媒就业。
The second, thoughtup by Graeme Johnson (Virgin Media Head ofResourcing) was to be the good guys of recruitment and become world-famousfor a positive candidate experience.
其次,由维珍媒体招聘负责人格雷姆·约翰逊提出,成为友好的招聘官,使公司以优质的候选人体验而闻名。
Here are six stepsthat outline how we're doing it with them:
以下六个步骤可以概括他们在实践中的努力:
1.Research, Understand and Love Every Persona of your Audience
研究、理解、热情对待每一位候选人
Empathize with andlove your audience personas so you can design an authentic experience to suit them and build real brand loyalty because you care. Withthis insight, you can later design rewards and incentives that translate intonew revenue generating opportunities.
与你的候选人感同身受,并热情对待他们。因为只有当你在乎他们时,才能设计出真正适合他们的真切体验,实现真实的品牌忠诚度。借助这样的视角,在下一步,相应地建立奖励与激励政策,从而创造增长机遇。
2.Quantify and Measure your Current Situation
量化和评估现状
Understand the current cost of your candidate experience so you can benchmark and set a goal you can measure.
对你目前的候选人体验进行成本估算,这样就有了对照值,并可以设定可衡量的目标。
3. Map your Current Candidate Experience
绘制候选人体验(地图)
Map each step in theexperience in two ways.
用以下两种角度勾勒候选人体验(旅程)。
First, by considering:
其一,作这样的思考:
How do your candidates feel?
你的候选人感受如何?
What are your candidates thinking?
你的候选人的关注点是什么?
How easy is it to progress?
流程是否简易?
What is the current lasting memory?
当前候选人(对品牌)的持久性记忆是什么?
Second, by considering the environment:
其二,考察环境变量:
What are the current location and parametersof the event?
(与候选人)互动时的场合和场景状态?
Who in your team is present and accountable?
招聘团队成员的组成和职能结构?
What technology is being used?
运用何种技术进行招聘?
4.Storyboarda new experience
规划预期体验(旅程)
You can build a new process by making a new list, but you can't create a new experience with rational logic alone. Storyboarding a 'scene' is much more valuable.
你可以通过项目排列来创建新的招聘流程,但你不能仅凭理性逻辑创建一个新的体验。因而,通过故事板分解和设计“场景”,更可行。
By representing each step ofyour 'process' as a 'scene' in a story or film you can start to convert itto a more emotional, experience oriented event.
像写故事或拍电影那样,把你的招聘流程一步步演示出来,有助于将其转变为一个更动人的情感体验旅程。
So, draw out thescene of each candidate experience and be clear on its purpose. Using the information mapped earlier, design each scene to improve how the candidate is feeling, control what they're thinking, make it easier to progress and make ita more memorable occasion.
设想出每位候选人应聘体验的场景,并制定清晰的目标。利用事先模拟出的内容来设计每一个场景,来改善以实现候选人的感受,牵引候选人的想法,使应聘流程更简明,最终将其变成一次难忘的经历。
You need to consider:
你需要关注以下问题:
Adding Efficiencies and Convenience
提高效率、提供便利
How can you make it easier for the candidateto progress?
如何让候选人更顺利的走完应聘流程?
How can you fast track candidates for new opportunities as they arise?
一旦有新职位空缺,如何最快的联络到候选人?
How can you centralize and streamline meaningful communications so people feel in control, more organized and betterinformed?
如何梳理和简化沟通流程,更好的支援招聘团队和任务达成。
What steps can be cut out?
哪些环节可以扔掉?
Sprinkle the Magic
再来点儿调料
How can you create a magical moment to remember?
如何创造一个不可思议的时刻?
How can you make your candidate feel better prepared?
如何让候选人感到轻松?
How can you make your candidate feel more confident?
如何让候选人感到自在?
What communication can be added to demonstrate you care?
如何调整沟通方式,关注候选人的感受?
What unexpected value can you add at the most unexpected time?
如何在不经意间给让候选人留下惊喜?
How can you ensure enthusiasm is maintained throughout the process?
如何维持候选人的热情回应?
How canyou reward and celebrate progress?
如何适时庆祝以推动流程?
5.Measure your candidate experience in real-time
实时评估候选人体验
More often than not,the moment of truth with customer service is not when something is deliveredwell, but when you're dealing with something that's gone wrong.
高水准顾客服务的保持,并不在于永远不犯错,而是犯错的事情如何应对。
6. frame commercial offers well during a truly empathetic experience andwin new business
开发候选人体验带来的商机
The vast majority ofyour job applicants are unlikely to be customers. If you test and measure the introduction of commercial offers, rewards and genuine brand benefits thenacquiring new customers is a simple matter of testing what works best.
大多数应聘者刚好不是你的顾客。如果你(译者注:利用候选人体验流程),试着向候选人推荐公司产品和服务,不断获得效果反馈和改进,公司的品牌沟通和市场营销系统因而受益,那么,开发新顾客就不再是什么难事了。
Virgin Media has designed a robust experience and plans to completely reverse a loss-making situation into a potential new revenue generating opportunity; all by putting the people that matter, the candidates, first.
维珍传媒已经对(候选人)体验(旅程),做了充足的设计,以取悦候选人,首当其冲要改善这一关键目标人群的满意度,以彻底改变颓势。
So far, the progressis on track and looking good. I think they might just pull it off and who would bet against them? Not me.
截至目前,该计划仍在朝正确的方向发展,看起来效果不错。我相信他们会取得成功,有没有人持不同意见呢?反正不是我。